Defective Drug Attorneys Fight for Victims of Dangerous Medications
Our lawyers lead the legal industry in defective drug litigation
Patients who take prescribed medications believe such drugs will work exactly as described to improve health conditions. Unfortunately in some cases, those medications tragically harm patients and leave them with unimaginable pain and suffering. For more than 50 years, the law firm of Aaron M. Levine & Associates has led the way in prosecuting defective drug manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies. Our attorneys have successfully represented defective drug victims across the United States as well as Belgium, Holland, France, Germany and Italy. Our superior knowledge of defective medications and relentless advocacy for victims ensures your case is thoroughly reviewed and justly resolved.
Defective drugs that harm women
Despite warnings, concerns and reports of severe injuries, some women’s health medications are kept on the market for far too long. By the time the government acts to remove dangerous drugs and defective devices, the damage has been done for many patients. Widespread drugs that have caused significant harm to women and their children include:
- Yaz and Yasmin – These low dose birth control pills were prescribed to women beginning in 2001. A key ingredient in Yaz and Yasmin is drospirenone, a synthetic hormone. A 2011 Food and Drug Administration study found that DRSP-containing birth control pills, including Yaz and Yasmin, were associated with a higher risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism and other serious health complications.
- Fosamax – Fosamax was promoted to prevent and treat osteoporosis in women after menopause. However, the drug and similar medications have been linked to thousands of reports of femur fractures. In a 2012 New England Journal of Medicine article, the FDA admitted that drugs such as Fosamax can lead to weaker bones in some women contributing to “rare but serious adverse events.”
- Actos – Since diabetes drug Actos came on the market in 1999, the medication has been linked to numerous reports of bladder cancer and heart failure. The FDA in 2011 issued a warning about the health risks of Actos, citing a study that found patients who took the medication for more than a year had a 40 percent chance of developing bladder cancer.
- Fen-Phen – Fen-Phen refers to a drug that was used to treat obesity and manage weight in overweight patients. The FDA in 1997 withdrew Phen-Fen from the market after studies connected the drug to heart valve complications in patients.
- Hormone replacement drugs – Some synthetic hormones prescribed to pregnant women have led to thousands of instances of vaginal cancer in patients along with birth injuries in female children exposed to such hormones in the womb. Certain synthetic hormones have also been linked to increased risk of breast cancer.
- Chantix – Chantix was marketed to help smokers quit smoking. Since its approval in 2006, the medication has been connected to multiple claims of neuropsychiatric symptoms. The FDA has since issued several warnings regarding the increased risk of depression and suicidal thoughts related to the drug.
If you have been injured by a defective drug, you need lawyers who are experienced in the medical science and legal logistics behind defective medical products. At Aaron M. Levine & Associates, our lawyers have spent decades handling complex defective drug cases. We regularly lecture other attorneys on defective drugs used in women’s health care. Our expertise and skill have led to countless legal victories for our clients. Come to us after your defective drug injury for the highest level of professionalism and legal proficiency.
What are the future health effects of defective drugs?
After discontinuing the use of a dangerous drug, many patients are never the same. Victims may face ongoing medical treatment, surgeries, and pain. Some long-term side effects of dangerous drugs and defective devices are:
- Vascular problems
- Blood clots
- Reconstructive surgery
- Heart attack
- Premature births
- Cancer treatment
- Sudden death
Washington D.C. Defective Drug Lawyers Hold Negligent Pharmaceutical Companies Accountable
Too often, poorly made drugs cause serious disabilities and impairment in innocent patients. The law firm of Aaron M. Levine & Associates works hard to raise awareness of defective medical products and to vindicate victims of defective medications. Attorney Aaron M. Levine has made multiple television appearances to speak about the dangers of certain birth control and synthetic hormone drugs. Our law firm is also credited with securing precedential settlements and verdicts for clients harmed by defective drugs. If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous drug, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our experienced defective drug attorneys at 888-564-9305 or 202-833-8040. Don’t wait to pursue your rightful claim contact us via email.
Defective Drug Lawyers Nationwide
Dangerous Drugs and Medical Product Liability Attorneys
At Aaron M. Levine & Associates, our firm has a history of fighting for what is right for our clients. We know that our clients and their families can be devastated by defective drugs and other medical products. Our firm has the experience and the resources to take on the toughest medical cases. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients from pharmaceutical companies and other negligent manufacturers. The defective drug lawyers at our firm understand how important it is to pay attention to detail and are dedicated to fully addressing tough legal issues. We are located in Washington, D.C., but handle cases across the region and the United States.
Medical Product Liability Practice Areas
Our firm is currently focused on the following medical product liability issues, which allows our lawyers to focus on these specific areas for the benefit of our clients:
- Darvocet, Darvon and Propoxyphene
- Depuy ASR hip replacement systems
We also provide educational resources about how to read your medical records and other helpful information regarding your situation. When you or someone you love has fallen victim to dangerous medical drugs and their side effects, it is in your best interest to trust a law firm with the experience and the results to make a difference in your case. We have a solid foundation to handle product liability lawsuits, and we take a personal, client-centered approach in our practice.
Contact Our Firm to Learn More Information
For more information, contact the law firm of Aaron M. Levine & Associates. When you call our offices to schedule a free consultation, you will speak to an experienced professional, not an answering machine. Call us today at 202-833-8040 or contact us via email.
Contact our firm to schedule an initial consultation.
Call us at (202) 833-8040 and talk to one of our professional attorneys, doctors or nurses.